The Vampire Facelift® is a non-surgical outpatient cosmetic procedure developed as a way to enhance volume in the face using a combination of hyaluronic acid and platelet rich plasma (PRP). The procedure involves a series of injections into strategic areas of the face to reduce wrinkles while adding volume to make your face appear more youthful. It also helps improve the quality of your skin.
What is PRP?
This stands for platelet-rich plasma. This is obtained by using a specialized centrifuge that isolates concentrated platelets from a person’s whole blood. PRP contains many nutrients and growth factors used in tissue repair and regeneration within the body. The growth factors secreted by platelets repair injured tissues by increasing the production of collagen, stem cells and proteins. The PRP causes formation of new blood vessels which results in a more youthful glow and skin color. Additionally, as the growth factors work to build a new layer of skin just below the surface, the epidermis then becomes smoother.
Benefits of the Vampire Facelift/Facial
- The use of dermal fillers adds youthful volume to the face while maintaining natural appearance
- Increases the formation of new blood vessels
- Enhances the production of new collagen which is the main structural protein found in skin and connective tissue
- Increases the blood flow to the skin, resulting in healthier skin
- Increases new cell and tissue formation
- Rejuvenates skin appearance
- There is no downtime with this procedure
The key difference that differentiates the Vampire Facial from the Facelift is that the vampire facial does not use dermal fillers. Instead, the PRP is infused through a micro-needling pen.
How Do I know if I’m a candidate?
- You will have to schedule a consultation visit with Dr. Medina to see if you are eligible for this procedure as not everyone is an ideal candidate. If you have more advanced signs of aging it is more likely that you may benefit from surgical facelift by a plastic surgeon.
Overview of the treatment
The procedure takes about sixty minutes to complete (from start to finish) with no recovery time afterwards. It begins with collection of 30 milliliters of the patient’s blood (about 2 tablespoons). The blood sample is placed in a specialized centrifuge that separates PRP from the other components of whole blood. While the blood is being processed, a topical anesthetic will be applied to your face, then PRP & dermal filler will be strategically injected beneath the skin where needed. Evidence has demonstrated that PRP contains at least eight growth factors that continue working as powerful rejuvenating agents as time progresses. By activating these growth factors, your skin improves as previously mentioned in the introduction.
Call Luminous Health & Wellness to set up your appointment today at 806-831-8239.